Summer means family fun! It also means wet pool towels, dirty athletic clothes, and piles of vacation laundry! Front load washer bellows (rubber seal between the inner basket and door) need a little extra TLC! Increased humidity causes remaining soap and dirt to “stick” to this area and not dry out as quickly – this causes buildup and can develop into mold or mildew. Here are some steps to ensure your washer bellow survives summer:
1. Wipe the glass on the inside of the door (removing hair and soap residue)
2. Reduce soap – 1 tablespoon dry HE powder
3. Keep the washer door open between cycles allowing the bellow to dry
4. Spray the bellow with a bathroom cleaner designed to remove soap scum (i.e. Scrubbing bubbles) and gently scrub it with a soft brush. Rinse with water to prevent the cleaner from getting on clothing
5. Run a dehumidifier in the laundry room to reduce moisture and dry the bellow faster.
We service: Orange City, Sioux Center, Alton, Maurice, Newkirk, Hospers, Struble, Granville, Carmel, Ireton, Craig, Lebanon, Rock Valley, Perkins, Hull, Boyden, Sheldon, Hudson, Hawarden, Germantown, Paullina, Marcus, Remsen, Oyens, Le Mars, Brunsville, Ruble, Cleghorn, Merrill, Paullina, Archer, Matlock, Ritter, Sanborn, Primghar, & Doon.