Let the experts from Frigidaire explain many of the noises new refrigerators make.
Your refrigerator might look a little different than this one, but don’t worry, the tips may still apply so feel free to give them a try.
Hearing noises? Don’t worry, it’s perfectly normal. Your new high-efficiency refrigerator makes a variety of sounds you might not be familiar with. Here’s how to identify them:
* Boiling / Gurgling: That’s refrigerant flowing through the evaporator.
* Hissing / Sizzling: Water dripping on the defrost heater during a defrost cycle. After defrosting, you might hear a popping sound as well.
* Clunking: The happy sound of ice cubes falling into the ice bin. 🙂
* Thumping / Water Running: Also the icemaker. The fan, water valve activation, and refrigerant gas.
* Snapping / Clicking: The electronic control and automatic defrost control, when the cooling system turns on and off.
* Vibrating/Humming: That’s the high-efficiency compressor at work. It operates much faster than older models.
* Buzzing: Just the water valve opening to fill the ice-maker.
* Water Dripping: Water dripping into the drain pan during the defrost cycle.
* Humming: The motorized damper humming along nicely.
* Snapping / Clicking / Popping: That’s the mechanism that opens and closes the ice chute.
* Rushing / Blowing / Whistling Air: Forced air from the evaporator fan, condenser fan, or condenser.
That should do it! All the sounds of your refrigerator working smoothly.
You’ve got this!
Still have a noise you cant identify?
Call us at Joe’s TV & Appliance, we are happy to help! (712) 737-4254
We service: Orange City, Sioux Center, Alton, Maurice, Newkirk, Hospers, Struble, Granville, Carmel, Ireton, Craig, Lebanon, Rock Valley, Perkins, Hull, Boyden, Sheldon, Hudson, Hawarden, Germantown, Paullina, Marcus, Remsen, Oyens, Le Mars, Brunsville, Ruble, Cleghorn, Merrill, Paullina, Archer, Matlock, Ritter, Sanborn, Primghar, & Doon.